Skip to main content

Featured Post

PRISM # 1 - THE REDUX ( Pt. 2) (Updated 8.26.23)

Note: Those of you downloading my comics, if you see "Updated:" that means the comic is not complete. Previous Issue : The Redux Pt 1

AI Art Needs Its Own Category

 

 






I didn't care much for AI art before but now...eh...AI art is almost like drawing a circle in the middle of a paper 100000 times and then uploading 100 of those images a day. I'm not feeling it.

Honestly, I try not to be to harsh when I critique AI art because 3D modellers and creators used to take turn trashing Poser users back in the day when it first came out. I even used Midjourney for small things like the new PRISM emblem seen on Jade's belt:

 



 I had to give up on Midjourney though because I am not some sex crazed psycho but all of their puritan (blocking blood and war, sex etc) nonsense and censorship was really cramping my style and imagination.

 There are a lot of great pieces of AI art work that will expand your thinking and creativity, especially if you are a traditional artist or great at turning concepts into a project. I personally think it's great and a lot of people with less resources can create album covers, posters and all sorts of things they may have never been able to in the past.


However, AI art is not even close to the same thing as Poser and Daz Studio. Poser and  Daz Studio are more like digital "Doll Houses" for adults. Poser in fact was one of my tools I used for traditional art — as that was its main intent for usage — then I became slightly addicted to the erotic aspects of it (addicted I dare say) and made it one of my main hobbies.

 You still have to put in more effort than just "typing some words". Posing, setting up scenes, textures, lighting, post-work, etc can take hours or even days for one image set. Not to mention if you are alone and making comics like I do...all of those panels, trying to make everything come together is a LOT OF WORK. And I only do it as a hobby. 

I didn't really think too much about it but now that DA has become flooded with AI art, not to mention that the "ART" is literally based on an algorithm that collects the art of OTHERS, but mixes them up.


I think AI programs are great for concepts and tools to complement the work of an artist. But in it's original form...eh...It's like me having someone else do my art for me then saying I did it. 

 

Sorry, that's exactly what it is in reality.


I don't think AI ART should ever be included into the same space as any NON-TEXT PROMPTED art work and there really needs to be some sort of regulation of it.




TRENDING